Wollongong Emergency Family Housing Inc. (WEFH) provides assistance to those who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness. WEFH is a vibrant busy service and is funded by Family and Community Services through Service Support Funding. The role of our organisation is to fill the current gaps in the homelessness sector. WEFH also provides transitional accommodation for families and individuals in crisis.
We are currently seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our Administration Team in Wollongong. WEFH is a family friendly service.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for telephone inquiries, as well as providing a broad range of administrative support functions for WEFH.
To be considered, you will have a minimum of 3 years experience in an Administrative role, preferably within the community services sector. In addition, you must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
You will be a caring and understanding individual, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as well as effective organisational skills, good problem solving skills and the ability to work in challenging situations. You will also be able to demonstrate a practical and optimistic approach, the ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently, and have a good degree of computer literacy.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE WILL INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Work collaboratively with staff and other service delivery teams to enhance access, effectiveness and quality of service delivery.
- Provide professional reception service to WEFH and Wollongong Homeless Hub (WHH)
- Provide support to the Senior Administration Officer as required, maintaining effective communication at all times.
- Filing, word processing and data entry
- Receive incoming enquiries via telephone, electronic and paper mail or visitors and direct to appropriate programs
- Undertaking reasonable office tasks as directed
- Certificate 3 in Business Administration (or equivalent) and/or a minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Time management skills and the ability to multi-task in a complex work environment
- Proficient and experience with MS Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a time in a flexible highly motivated busy environment
- Knowledge of current Work Health and Safety Legislation
- Current, unencumbered NSW Drivers Licence.
- Desktop publishing skills creating flyers and promotional material
The successful applicant will be paid under social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award (SCHCADS) Award 1.1 – 1.4 based upon experience /qualifications and is eligible for Salary Sacrifice. Hours: 25 hours per week 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Physical requirements: The ability to lift and carry allowable weight amounts
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Should you decide to apply for a position your application should consist of three parts, which are:
Part 1 Cover letter
A cover letter stating the name of the position that you are applying for and a brief summary of your skills, experience and knowledge that are relevant to that position.
Part 2 Statement addressing the selection criteria
A statement addressing each of the selection criteria must be provided with your application. Each position has a specific selection criteria and it is necessary to address that criteria should you wish to be considered for the position. When addressing the selection criteria you should give examples from your previous work that demonstrates how you meet the relevant criteria. You should state how your experience, skills and knowledge enable you to satisfy the selection criteria.
Each essential and desirable criteria MUST be answered
Part 3 Resume
A copy of your current resume must be provided with your application. Your resume should include your contact details and educational qualifications. It should list your previous employers, how long you worked for each employer and a summary of the main duties that you performed at each place of employment. Your resume should also include the contact details of at least current/recent two work related referees.
Submitting your application:
Your application must be submitted by midnight 21 August 2019. Applications after that date WILL NOT be considered.
If you would like additional information regarding this role, please contact Alison Horne – Senior Administration Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and must hold or obtain a Working with Children Check and will need to complete relevant police checks.
WEFH is an Equal Opportunity employer. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual,
Applications addressed to: The General Manager Private and Confidential and emailed to: email@example.com