Due to the Covid outbreak, we are requesting that all donations to the service be arranged as a pick up, so as to keep our clients and community safe. We ask that items be placed out on verandas where possible so as to limit contact. Please send us a private message or ring on 4228 0955 for this to be organised.
It is that time of year again when many of you will start to wind down for some much-needed R&R and a chance to spend time with family and friends to enjoy the festive season. Before you do, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our clients and community and the biggest Thanks to WEFH staff and volunteers for your continued support throughout 2020 and remind you of some of the highlights in year like no other:
– Stayed front line and face to face service delivery throughout a global pandemic!
– Distributed 220 Christmas Hampers and over $3,500 entertainment, food and travel vouchers
– Over 11000 breakfasts
– 14,000 nights of crisis accommodation provided in 2020
– 11 Together Home participants transitioned from rough sleeping to successfully housed with ongoing support
– Over 3000 food hampers through 2020 – all from community donations
– Over 2000 drop in clients to our homeless hub
– Opening of our first 8 room shared house for ladies over 25
– 22 families (60 children) supported with Transitional housing in our community houses
– Launch of our Wollongong Homeless Hub mobile App.
Thank you to Big T’z Canteen for their very generous donation of plastic containers, cups, serviettes, forks, plates and other items. These containers will support our breakfast program as we continue take away breakfast for our rough sleepers due to COVID 19. A big thank you also to 1st Class Removals who delivered all the items to our premises.
Thank you to Domino’s Pizza Wollongong for donating pizzas for people in crisis accommodation as a lunch treat.
In 2020, Anti-Poverty Week will be held from the 11th to the 17th of October. This year we are supporting affordable housing for all as the best solution to reducing poverty and partnering with the Everybody’s Home campaign. We are also continuing to support the Raise the Rate campaign led by ACOSS to ensure that unemployment payments never go back to $40 a day.