Wollongong Emergency Family Housing Inc. (WEFH) provides assistance to the homeless and those at imminent risk of homelessness. The “Homeless Hub” is a vibrant busy service providing the only drop in assistance to the homeless in the Wollongong area. WHH is funded by Family and Community Services through Service Support Funding and the role of the organisation is to fill gaps in the current homelessness sector. WEFH also provides limited transitional accommodation for families and individuals in crisis. Housing Support and Case management is provided by Housing Support Workers to assist families and individuals, address their needs and support them in the transition to secure housing options.
A position exists for a Housing Tenancy Support Officer (Casual) to join our team. This position pertains to child related employment and a Working with Children and Criminal Check is required.
The successful applicant will be paid under SCHADS Award based upon experience /qualifications and is eligible for Salary Sacrifice.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Work collaboratively with staff and other service delivery teams to enhance access, effectiveness and quality of service delivery and client outcomes.
- Support the Team Leader and Tenancy Officer in the implementation and maintenance review of service programs.
- Ensure community based care and support work delivered by the team using a holistic person centred approach.
- Experience working with vulnerable families and individuals
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications and relevant experience in the Community Services sector in particular working with the homeless
- Experience working with vulnerable families and individuals and Understanding of the issues associated with homelessness
- Demonstrated experience in managing a case load and case planning, including with persons with complex needs (e.g drug and alcohol issues along with homelessness, mental health, contact with criminal justice system).
- Experience in social or affordable housing
- Detailed knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and experience liaising with Government and community based organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with MS Office Programs and Property Management Databases including experience in computerised data collection.
- Knowledge of current legislation of mandatory reporting
- Knowledge and experience of liaising with Government and community based organisations and resources
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a flexible highly motivated busy environment
- Knowledge of current Work Health and Safety Legislation
- Current, unencumbered NSW Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated group work skills
It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to apply for a valid National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a valid Vulnerable Persons Check
Please forward your written application addressing all of the selection criteria along with your resume including two current referees. Applications addressed to: The General Manager Private and Confidential and emailed to: email@example.com
Further enquiries contact 4228 0955. Click on link to view job description JD Housing Support_Tenancy Worker_Casual
Applications Close: 29 October 2018 at 5pm