This week we received this beautiful thank you from one our clients, that we wanted to share with you.
‘Our tenant Smith secured a private rental and left our transitional property yesterday with two young children, when our tenant handed the keys back, Smith dropped off some flowers and chocolates for all staff and a beautiful thank you card for the staff at the Homeless Hub’ (name has been changed)
We are so proud and grateful to have been apart of this amazing family’s journey. A special acknowledgement to the wonderful work our Tenancy Officer has done to help this family achieve this outcome.
On the 10th week till Christmas our ‘Hub Family’ gave to me soft drink/ cordial, potato chips and a mixed bag of lollies (be sure to sing the tune!!)
(this week can include flavoured drinks including soft drink, cordial, ice tea, flavoured mineral water, juice) Preference for drop is Friday’s between 8.30am – 4.30pm 1/1 Young Street Wollongong. Thank you Remi for creating our art piece this week…it looks amazing.
Wollongong Emergency Family Housing Inc. (WEFH) provides assistance to the homeless and those at imminent risk of homelessness. The “Homeless Hub” is a vibrant busy service providing the only drop in assistance to the homeless in the Wollongong area. WHH is funded by Family and Community Services through Service Support Funding and the role of the organisation is to fill gaps in the current homelessness sector. WEFH also provides limited transitional accommodation for families and individuals in crisis. Housing Support and Case management is provided by Housing Support Workers to assist families and individuals, address their needs and support them in the transition to secure housing options.
A position exists for a Housing Tenancy Support Officer (Casual) to join our team. This position pertains to child related employment and a Working with Children and Criminal Check is required.
The successful applicant will be paid under SCHADS Award based upon experience /qualifications and is eligible for Salary Sacrifice.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Work collaboratively with staff and other service delivery teams to enhance access, effectiveness and quality of service delivery and client outcomes.
- Support the Team Leader and Tenancy Officer in the implementation and maintenance review of service programs.
- Ensure community based care and support work delivered by the team using a holistic person centred approach.
- Experience working with vulnerable families and individuals
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications and relevant experience in the Community Services sector in particular working with the homeless
- Experience working with vulnerable families and individuals and Understanding of the issues associated with homelessness
- Demonstrated experience in managing a case load and case planning, including with persons with complex needs (e.g drug and alcohol issues along with homelessness, mental health, contact with criminal justice system).
- Experience in social or affordable housing
- Detailed knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and experience liaising with Government and community based organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with MS Office Programs and Property Management Databases including experience in computerised data collection.
- Knowledge of current legislation of mandatory reporting
- Knowledge and experience of liaising with Government and community based organisations and resources
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a flexible highly motivated busy environment
- Knowledge of current Work Health and Safety Legislation
- Current, unencumbered NSW Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated group work skills
It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to apply for a valid National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a valid Vulnerable Persons Check
Please forward your written application addressing all of the selection criteria along with your resume including two current referees. Applications addressed to: The General Manager Private and Confidential and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further enquiries contact 4228 0955. Click on link to view job description JD Housing Support_Tenancy Worker_Casual
Applications Close: 29 October 2018 at 5pm
Good-morning Hub Family, we would like to give you an update on our Brokerage Support Program from 2017/2018 and would like to thank those who support this program as it would not be possible without the generosity and support of our community. Through the Homeless Hub program we were able to provide:
– 103 tents/swags
– 9 court and employment outfits
– 14 education and training
– $2009 was spent on emergency accommodation
– 268 items of furniture/white goods
– 1647 shower/ laundry use
– $5561 rent payments prevent loss of property
– 324 opal card top-ups
– 7223 hygiene pack handed out
– 27 petrol vouchers
– $765 new clothing packs
– 2560 jocks and socks
– 109 health/prescriptions
– 4410 food parcels handed out
– 4 hospital packs
If you would like to know more about our programs, and what we have provided please click on the link to view our 2017/18 Annual Report. http://www.wefh.org.au/…/2018/10/2017_2018-Annual-Report.pdf
Voting has started for the People’s Choice Award as part of the Regional Achievement & Community Awards, which we are finalist. Click on the link to cast your vote https://poll.app.do/2018nswracapoll. You can vote once a day. Poll closes midnight Monday 12 November 2018. Our photo is in the second last row.
We are extremely proud to announce that we are now one of four finalist for the Awards Australia Business Achievement Award, part of the 2018 NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards. Look out for the ‘People’s Choice Award’ on facebook and cast your vote.
We’re thrilled to announce that we have been named as one of the 200 #WestpacFoundation Community Grant recipients for 2018. The grant will help us continue to bridge the gap from ‘homelessness to home’. #CommunityGrants2018
It was an honor to be invited and represent the Homeless Hub at the Lord Mayoral Reception to welcome their Excellencies the Governor-General and Lady Cosgrove today. We would also like to thank the Lord Mayor Gordon Bradbery and Governor-General Cosgrove for their special mention of our service.
Congratulation’s Hub Community, we have just finished tallying the donations we received from Wrap up Homelessness Week, and we are excited to announce that with your help we were able to exceed our fundraising target of $5000.00. We would like to thank you for your kindness in supporting our service and for helping to bridge the gap from homelessness to home for those in our community.